Assistant Property Manager, Mutual Housing California
Mutual Housing Management is seeking an Assistant Manager with experience. The Assistant Property Manager works side-by-side with the Property Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operation of the property, including resident satisfaction, wait-list management, leasing, overseeing maintenance, and ensuring their property is in compliance with standards and expectations of the Property Management Operations Manual, other stated guidelines of Mutual Housing Management and Mutual Housing California, fair housing laws, and regulatory requirements of affordable housing funders. The Assistant Property Manager should be able to assume leadership and initiative in the absence of the Property Manager, and ensure the highest quality of customer service.
• Assist Property Manager in enforcing collection procedures consistent with established policy and procedures. Monitor bad debt write offs.
• Assist Property Manager in preparing monthly accounting reports, discuss and document discrepancies. Review monthly operating statements and compliance with annual budget and implement plans of action to optimize site profitability.
• Assist Property Manager in preparing the annual operating budget and business plan for review with Property Supervisor.
• Collect all rents and other receivables due the property in conformance with Mutual Housing Management Policy.
• Coordinate the daily activities of the Maintenance Department to ensure proper response to maintenance requests, preparation of market ready vacancies and the overall quality of the community appearance.
• Assist Property Manager in performing and documenting interior and exterior physical inspections as required by your Property Manager, Property Supervisor, Regulatory Agencies, insurance company, or financial institution (i.e., quarterly interior inspections required on affordable properties.)
• Coordinate and monitor preventative maintenance schedules.
• Keep the Property Manager informed of any and all deferred maintenance. Items concerning health and safety issues are to be reported immediately to Portfolio Supervisor with a plan of action for correction.
* Must have 3 – 5 years’ experience with LIHTC programs, preference given to SCS, HCCP, etc.
* Maintain a professional personal appearance.
* Must have own transportation, driver’s license and vehicle insurance that is commensurate with company policy.
Salary is competitive. Work days are Monday – Friday, with hours to be determined.
We offer the opportunity to work with a great group of employees and employer. We offer a highly competitive compensation package, based on experience. We offer excellent comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) plan with employer match, generous vacation, sick time, and paid holidays.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.mutualhousing.com/employment/