Occupancy Specialist – Bilingual English/Spanish
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiarity with Federal Fair Housing Guidelines
- A minimum of one (1) year required, two (2) years preferred, of related experience in affordable housing Low Income Housing Tax Credits or HUD programs.
- Superior customer service skills in fast paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally
- Individual must possess a positive attitude, high level of flexibility, effective communicator, detail-orientated with strong organizational skills, to work with minimal supervision, focus on completing assigned tasks in a timely manner, and a willingness to get involved
- Must have a valid driver license, some travel required
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed including weekends as required to meet occupancy requirements
- Ability manage time wisely to meet deadlines
- Lease apartments with an understanding of affordable program knowledge necessary to perform the leasing function
- Complete annual recertifications in a timely manner, per program requirements.
- Provide individual or group tours of the property and must be able to accurately explain the properties policies, amenities, services, and rent structure
- Must have strong verbal skills including the effective use of the telephone. Position requires daily follow up with prospects and prompt follow up on all incoming inquiries
- Generate and maintain accurate records on prospects. Process rental applications and other admission materials including background checks, credit checks, and sex offender checks as directed
- Inspect rent ready units with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure units are ready for showing daily
- Responsible for collection of rent from property residents
- Maintain resident and property files and waiting lists
- Create resident work orders
Email resume to Jennifer Tores at firstname.lastname@example.org