Welcome to My Home Story!
We are sharing our stories and experiences to demonstrate the powerful impacts that affordable housing can bring our San Jose communities!
NPH is delighted to partner with Catholic Charities, EAH Housing, First Community Housing, Housing Choices, LifeSteps, and the Residents United Network to support affordable housing residents and impacted community members to share our stories and drive support for critical affordable housing programs and policies.
You can make a difference for affordable housing in your community.
Join with friends and make new connections through the San Jose-based “My Home Story” project, where affordable housing residents can learn, engage, and lead on affordable housing policy conversations to support our communities. You’ll have opportunities to share your story, participate through in-person and online conversations, meet with policy makers, and more!
This webpage aims to provide important information and resources for participating affordable housing residents and staff and to support you in your good work.
Click to jump to a specific section:
Events and Trainings
- Multiple Dates: How a Bill Becomes a Law & How to Talk to Lawmakers: Learn the Dos and Don’ts of educating lawmakers and get prepared to join affordable housing residents from around the state in Sacramento to speak up for affordable housing. You have three opportunities to attend this training:
- February 28 at 12pm (webinar – participate from your computer, tablet, or phone. Register here.)
- February 28 at 4pm (webinar – participate from your computer, tablet, or phone. Register here.)
- March 2 at 12:30pm (webinar – participate from your computer, tablet, or phone. Register here.)
- March 7: Resident United Network (RUN) Affordable Housing’s Lobby Day: Join with affordable housing residents from around the state during Resident United Network’s March 7 Lobby Day. This event includes a morning training, RUN t-shirt, lunch, and opportunities to meet with policy makers and share your stories and experiences. Transportation will be provided from San Jose to Sacramento.
- Register for Lobby Day here!
- If you would like to take the San Jose-Sacramento bus to Lobby Day, please note that you must register separately here
Additional events and trainings coming soon…
Share My Story
Click here to download our guide to help you craft a short, impactful, and persuasive narrative around your experiences and why affordable housing is critical to our communities.
** Coming soon: Online tools so you can send your story directly to your California State Assemblymember, Senator, and Governor
Connect with other “My Home Story” Participants
You’re invited! A private Facebook group has been set up just for you and other “My Home Story” participants. You can use this group to share your experiences, questions, ideas, or feedback about the “My Home Story” project, story telling, and civic engagement in support of affordable housing!
The page is private to foster open, honest dialogue. Because this group is private, you will have to request permission to join
. Click here to submit your request
, and an administrator should review and authorize you shortly!
* Please note that you must have a Facebook profile in order to sign-in and request access. If you don’t have a Facebook page already, you can sign up for an account for free here.
* My Home Story” staff will bring tablets with access to this private Facebook group to “My Home Story” program events and trainings, providing additional opportunities to weigh in even if you don’t have a Facebook account.
My Home Story is NPH’s newest resident program, convening and supporting member organizations in reaching and engaging affordable housing residents and underserved communities in San Jose to develop civic leadership and grow participation and capacity.
With great thanks to Knight Foundation, the NPH Action Fund, and other funders for your support for this special initiative!