Find Affordable Housing in Your Area
- Read through the April 2015 San Francisco Housing Resource Guide – an excellent resource including housing rights and legal resources, resources for individuals experiencing homelessness, resources for veterans, the elderly, families, youth, individuals with disabilities and additional insight.
- Visit HUD’s online search page and use their search function to look for federally funded affordable housing in your area. You must contact the individual housing developers and developments on the list generated by your search for information about available units or to get on their waiting lists.
- Check out Episcopal Community Services monthly housing opportunities list. Click here for the latest monthly report for Santa Clara and Contra Costa counties. Click here for all other Bay Area counties.
- For Santa Clara County, SCC Housing Search is a great resource provided by local government and 2-1-1.
- Call Helplink at 1-800-273-6222.
- For finding a great place to live using Section 8 vouchers, please visit: www.gosection8.com
- Download our guide for searching for affordable housing and a list of state funded affordable housing by California counties. You must contact the individual housing developments on the list about available units or to get on their waiting lists.
Seeking help with a housing issue? Bay Area Legal Aid’s housing division provides legal assistance in the following areas, subject to the available legal resources in each county or office:
- Public, Subsidized and Private Housing
- Residential Hotels
- Housing Conditions
- Rent Control
- Eviction Defense
- Lock-outs and Utility Shut-offs
- Fair Housing
- Housing Discrimination
- Training Advocates and Community Organizations
Click here to get a contact list by county for Bay Area Legal Aid’s Advice Hotline.