You tackled and conquered the audit and tax season- Now what? It’s never too early to start planning and making an improvement for the next season!
Join us for an interactive workshop to stay on top of the latest changes happening within the affordable housing industry and obtain direct training on technical accounting and new reporting guidelines for better compliance and increased organizational efficiency. We welcome your questions and idea exchange in this open forum. Lunch will be provided from 11:30AM to 12:00PM.
Topics to be covered include:
1. Emerging Changes and Initiatives in California
– Learn what is happening across the state that impacts the affordable housing industry
2. 2016 Audit & Tax Season Debrief
– Observations from the auditor’s perspective – dealing with time compression on audits and tax returns
– Portfolio recapitalization: Year 15 transition and related issues
– The impact of OMB Uniform Guidance on affordable housing developer and property audits
3. Getting ahead of the Game – Technical Training
– Accounting standards update (ASU 2015-02) – Amendments to the Consolidation Analysis and its impact on not-for-profit affordable housing developers
– Practical use of the new TCAC Cost Certification form and application process
– New financial reporting guidelines being developed by STRENGTH MATTERS® and CFO Group
James Kraft, CPA – Partner, Lindquist, von Husen & Joyce LLP
Rita Dela Cruz, CPA, CGMA – Partner, Lindquist, von Husen & Joyce LLP
Registration ends 6/22 at 12pm.