COVID provided an opportunity to explore and expand how we engaged with residents and how we offered services as we shifted from in-person to virtual programming. Providing a program virtually came with its own set of challenges. It also allowed us to slow down and engage in ways that offered psychological safety and inner strength to support our physical safety during a national pandemic. We have learned that we can create a culture where people feel safe, engaged, and deeply connected with others without being in the same room. This workshop will highlight the benefits of virtual program offerings, explore promising practices, and provide time to embody what we have learned into an action plan that supports creating ecosystems of belonging where all are seen, heard, and empowered to take action in a virtual or in-person setting.
During this 3 hour workshop, JVH will offer a safe and supportive environment to:
- Understand how intentional virtual program design can create empowered communities where all are seen, heard, and belong.
- Explore how positive program culture can foster a sense of belonging that contributes to beneficiaries mental, social, and emotional wellness.
- Create an action plan for co-creating high quality relevant resident programming.
Participants in this session will receive a safe and supportive space to heal, unite, and take collective action toward individual and collective healing, liberation and empowerment. These session components are designed to support participants’ comfort and confidence in the digital learning environment.
When: Thursday, May 20 | 2pm – 3pm PDT
During this 1 hour workshop, JVH will offer a safe and supportive space for: A focused conversation highlighting promising practices that align with the virtual program workshop. We will also honor collective care by holding space in the community for question, co-creations, and appreciations of our learner journey.
What We Do: We co-create spaces of belonging where all are seen and heard. These spaces of belonging ignite purpose, passion and action in its collective members. These members are using their individual and collective gifts to eliminate the systems, structures and beliefs that perpetuate oppression and rebuild them with loving and equitable societies. We co-create and partner with individuals/organizations who:
- Empower and affirm individuals and collectives experiencing oppression.
- Offer high-quality relevant programs and services of pro-liberation, healing and empowerment.
- Embody a healing centered approach in every act of liberating the heart, mind and body of oppressive beliefs, actions and values
JVH Heart Minded Facilitation: Psychological safety is a pillar in every JVH Empower project or partnership. Through healing centered facilitation and relational leadership practices, JVH Empower creates environments that allow participants to stay grounded, flexible, curious, present, and emotionally self-regulate. These learning conditions help participants integrate and embody the sovereignty one has over their unique learner journey